Are you eligible for £140 towards your electricity bill?
We can make payments to customers that satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
1. You do not receive the Guarantee Credit1,2 element of Pension Credit and either:
- Are in receipt of the Savings element of Pension Credit only
- Are in receipt of Council Tax reduction for low income and born on or before 5th January 1954 (Please note that the 25% single person’s occupancy reduction is not eligible)
1 The 25% single person’s occupancy reduction is not eligible
2 If you receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit, you should not need to apply as the Department for Work and Pensions will write to you directly.
2. You are in receipt of Child Tax Credit (or Universal Credit equivalent) with a total household income of £16,190 or less.
3. You receive income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
4. You receive Income Support (IS) or Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (IBJSA), with any of the following:
- Any associated disability or pensioner premium (disability, enhanced or severe disability premium or pensioner or higher pensioner premium)
- A child who is disabled
- Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
- A child under five living with you
- Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (DLA/PIP alone is not a qualifying benefit)
- A MATEX or MEDEX certificate
5. You receive Working Tax Credit (WTC) with a relevant income of £16,190 or less and either:
- Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, OR
- A MATEX or MEDEX Certificate
6. You receive Universal Credit (UC) with monthly net earnings not exceeding £1,349 with either of the following:
- Limited capability for work element (with or without a work-related activity element)
- A child element (with or without the disabled child element)
For more information visit the Warm Home Discount Page and FAQs