We've put together some easy tips that can help you to save money and reduce the amount of energy you use at home and at work. .
- Replace incandescent with energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Turn off electrical appliances when you leave the room or aren't using them.
- Make sure your home is properly insulated.
- Separate your recyclable and compost material from your garbage in order to reduce landﬁll waste.
- When shopping, use the least amount of plastic bags possible or use recyclable bags that can be used over again.
- Use products made of recycled (FSC) paper, or biodegradable materials.
- Dry items in your dishwasher simply by opening the door and not using a 'high temp' option.
- Only use the correct amount of water for your needs in a kettle.
- Use smaller appliances such as the microwave or toaster instead of the oven.
- Use a low-flow shower head.
- Take short showers instead of baths.
- Install dual-flow toilets to reduce the amount of water used per flush.
- Insulate your water heater and all water piping.