We are here to help - Just give us a call and have your account number and an up-to-date meter reading to hand. We'll take into account your circumstances so you'll need to tell us about your situation. We understand that getting into energy debt can be extremely worrying. If you, or someone you care for, are finding it difficult to pay your energy bill or are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact us on 0333 023 0142 and we will be happy to help.
We’re Here to Help
Contact us if you would like to discuss a new way to manage your energy payments, including:
- Direct Debit – Set up a Direct Debit to ensure you never miss a payment and get a discount on your bill.
- Restructure your payments – spread your costs into regular instalments.
- Installing a prepayment meter – Pay as you go for your energy with a prepayment meter.
- Fuel Direct scheme – We can check if you can get help from the Fuel Direct scheme and arrange for payments to be taken directly from your benefit pay. Find out more here.
- Energy saving advice – Find out how to save energy and money by visiting our energy conservation page here.
Don’t Delay – Contact Us Today!
Please contact us on 0333 023 0142 as soon as you can so that we can fully understand your situation and walk through your options. We’ll also take relevant information from organisations such as AgeUK and Macmillan into account. If you don’t let us know you’re having trouble, we’ll contact you and we could:
- Pass your details to an external Debt Collection Agency to recover monies owed;
- Apply for a court warrant;
- Force-fit a prepayment meter;
- Disconnect your energy supply.
How to Make a Payment
You can make a payment in a number of ways:
- Online via My Account – Login or register with your account number and email address to access your personal account area and make a payment.
- By phone – Call us on 0800 012 4510 to pay by credit or debit card any time of the day or night.
- Via your bank – Pay by internet or telephone banking: use our account number: 72409364; sort code: 40-33-33 and quote your Green Star Energy account number as a reference.
- By cheque – Make your cheque payable to ‘Green Star Energy’, write your Green Star Energy account number on the reverse and post it to us.
Need Some Advice?
For impartial advice, you can contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service at any time to discuss the options available. Click here to go to their site or call 0808 223 1133.
You can also get help and advice about your debts and energy advice from any of the following organisations:
Will I Get Disconnected?
Disconnection is a last resort measure. We will work with you to explore every avenue for you to clear your debt and give you lots of warning before we apply for a disconnection warrant. We will never disconnect you in Winter if there is an occupant who is: of pensionable age and lives alone, or who lives only with other people of pensionable age; under 18; disabled or chronically ill.